Become A Member - Application
Every member of Olds Search and Rescue Society is an unpaid volunteer who is dedicated to assisting others in distress. Our members are a diverse group of individuals who bring to the team a vast set of skills.
Members of the team provide all of their own basic gear for searches and surviving in the outdoors. The Team provides radios, a command post and some of the specialty gear and training needed for an effective and efficient search and rescue operation.
Membership in the Society is open to any member of the public who is prepared to invest the time and energy in being trained. A criminal records check together with a vulnerable sectors search is required and approval of such check forms part of our application. Please refer below for the procedure to follow and a link to our pdf application form.Full Membership is open to any person who:
- is 18 years of age or older,
- is a resident of the Province of Alberta and
- has successfully passed a "Criminal Records Check"
Olds Search and Rescue Society requires all applicants for membership to complete this membership application and submit it along with a current criminal records check and vulnerable sector search which can be obtained by attending the local police station and requesting same. Be sure to mention that you are applying for a volunteer position with Olds Search and Rescue Society as this may affect the fees you are required to pay. When you have completed the above you may do one of the following:
- Call our office at 403 556-5994 and leave a message and we will contact you to set up an interview.
- Mail package to: Olds Search and Rescue Society, Box 4283, Olds AB T4H 1P8 and an interview will then be aranged.
- Email us at email@example.com and we will contact you to set up an interview.